Thursday, October 16, 2008

Restaurant Guide


Willamette Week's Restaurant Guide has arrived, nestled in this week's issue (also the endorsements issue - great cover BTW). Even if I hadn't contributed, I would still be urging you all to go out and snag a copy or two before they are gone next Wednesday, because it's a really well put together guide to Portland's dining scene. Despite being the supposed "expert" on dining out among my friends and family, every time someone asks me what "the best restaurant for (Indian/Thai/vegans/my parents) in Portland" is I draw a blank for some reason, and I find myself referring back to Restaurant Guide all the time. There are reviews of 100 of the city's best restaurants, and other goodies like Top 5 lists for lunches, outdoor dining, etc. Plus, in the last couple of years they have made it into a cool digest magazine style (with nice color photography and design), which is easier and more attractive to keep around than a newspaper section. And it doesn't cost you a dime. Get it while it's hot!

1 comment:

Lance J. Mayhew said...

you forgot to mention that you contributed to the guide too!